Data Center TIER is designed to host mission critical servers and computer systems, with fully redundant subsystems and resources (cooling, power, network links, storage, backup, data security, network security etc) and compartmentalized security zones controlled by biometric access controls methods. Naturally, the simplest is a Tier 1 data center used by small business or shops.
- Tier 1 = Non-redundant capacity components (single resources).
- Tier 2 = Tier 1 + Redundant capacity components (resources etc).
- Tier 3 = Tier 1 + Tier 2 + Dual Resources and Multiple uplinks.
- Tier 4 = Tier 1 + Tier 2 + Tier 3 + all components are fully fault-tolerant including uplinks, storage, chillers, HVAC systems, servers etc. Everything is dual-powered.
Data Center Availability According To Tiers
The levels also describes the availability of data from the hardware at a location as follows:
- Tier 1: Uptime Guaranteeing 97.671% availability, 28.8 hours of interruption/year No redundancy.
- Tier 2: Uptime Guaranteeing 98.741% availability, 22 hours of interruption/year Partial redundancy.
- Tier 3: Uptime Guaranteeing 99.982% availability, Maximum 96 minutes of interruption/year Redundancy N+1.
- Tier 4: Uptime Guaranteeing 99.995% availability, Maximum 48 Minutes of interruption/year Redundancy 2N+1.
- Calculate minutes in a year that is 525600 for regular year and 527040 for leap year.
- Calculate total downtime last year suppose total 60 Minutes.
- Calculate % percentage of downtime out of minutes in year formula is Uptime=(((minutesinyear - downtimeinyear ) * 100) / minutesinyear).
- Answer is uptime that is suppose to be (((525600 - 60 ) * 100) / 525600 )= 99.9885845 %.
Web Data when server storage failure According To Tiers
The levels also describes the failure of data from files and Database as follows:
- Tier 1: No Guaranteeing because only one storage and no backup.
- Tier 2: Partial Guaranteeing if secondry storage working and No Guaranteeing if not working or full server system crashed.
- Tier 3: Full Guaranteeing ! if full data center system crashed, resotre data backup from another location in same country backup server or hot swap request to backup server.
- Tier 4: Full Guaranteeing ! if full data center system crashed, resotre data backup from another location in same country as well as another country backup server.